Sunday, November 17, 2013

Take time with tea

Tea, it's made a comeback for its antioxidants, and it's a great way to get medicinal herbs into your system 

But the simple pleasure of tea is often ignored, from the moment I boil water, tea is time for myself 



1. Boiling the water, I never watch the pot, as if I did it would never boil. 
2. While the water is boiling, I select what herbs or teas I'm using, depending on the time of day and what's going on with my body. I love coming up with blends that are going to make a difference in my day.
3. The teapot, most people add the bag to the cup and most of the time I do this as well. However, I try to make a few teapots full a day, this way I can let some of the tea steep for extra long, the aroma and colors get deeper, the flavor and healing properties stronger.
4 Enjoying: tea is said to be like wine, true tea enthusiasts can pick apart flavors and smells. I just like tea

Look locally for bulk tea to control your blends! Reusable tea strainers are available everywhere. Try local herbs for regional health! 

My favorite teas/herbs

Female: raspberry leaf (I add this to everything!) , ashwaganda, cohosh, cotton root, nettles

Morning: green, black, hibiscus

Evening: chamomile, peppermint, passionflower, lavender, valerian root (use valerian root sparingly working your way up to more as it can make you VERY sleepy)

Cold/flu: echinacea, ginger, lemon  

Enjoy your tea, take your time, like everything else in life enjoy the moment. Think about all the plants that went into it, the water, sun and energy it took to grow them and then the energy of the people who harvested, dried, and got it to you.  All that energy in your cup....... you choose what to do with it...


No comments:

Post a Comment